Virtual Channel Swim
- Date: All Year Event
- Location: Your location
- Registration Fee: £0
- Minimum Fundraising: £0
Welcome to the Virtual Channel Swim charity challenge page in support of Scotty’s LITTLE Soldiers, the charity for bereaved British Forces children.
Go the full distance and swim the length of the English Channel for Scotty’s, in the safety of your local pool. Set yourself a realistic time frame and complete the challenge at your own pace.
Take the plunge and sign up to this 21-mile swim to raise much needed funds to support children and young people who have experienced the death of a parent who served in the armed forces. £100 pays for five children to receive a meal voucher at Remembrance, or it will enable four children to have a hand selected gift to open on their birthday, or it may go towards an educational grant to help with development. Don’t forget that if you raise £50, we will send you a free Scotty’s Morale patch. Hit the £100 mark and a free running vest or t-shirt will be on its way to you.
Sign up today and bathe in the glory of doing something amazing.
Here’s how it works:
1) Click on the link and create your page.
2) Add a profile photo and update your story to let people know when, and why you are taking on this challenge, and what it means to you.
3) Share your fundraising page link on social media and ask friends and family to sponsor you or encourage them to join you. Don’t forget to tag Scotty’s Little Soldiers and use the hashtag #ScottysChannelSwim
4) Link your Strava account or add your miles manually.
5) Share your progress. Keeps your supporters up to date with how things are going. From training, to on the day, to completing the challenge.
Struggling to fundraise?
Even if you don’t feel in a position to ask for donations, you can still get involved, have fun, push yourself, and keep active. In the past, some people have popped a small donation on to their own fundraising page, as a contribution and inspired others to join them on the challenge.
If you’re still keen to fundraise but struggling to get sponsorship, why not take a look at our digital fundraising pack which is full of useful tips and information.
Got a question? Then please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org