1000 Minute Challenge
- Date: All Year Event
- Location: UK
- Apply By: Tuesday, 17th May 2022
- Registration Fee: £0
- Minimum Fundraising: £0
Welcome to the 1000 Minute Challenge charity challenge page in support of Scotty’s LITTLE Soldiers, the charity for bereaved British Forces children.
In the UK there are approximately 1000 bereaved children and young people, whose parent served with the British Armed Forces.
At Scotty’s we provide help and support to bereaved military children and young people aged 0-25, through our four Family Programmes; Smiles, Support, Strides and Springboard.
Complete 1000 minutes of your chosen activity in a month to raise vital funds for those programmes and spread awareness of the work we do.
It doesn’t matter if you walk, cycle, swim, dance or workout. What does matter is adding up those minutes! Do half an hour, to an hour a day of activity to hit that 1000-minute target and you’ll be left wondering where the time has gone.
Share your fundraising page link to social media and ask friends and family to sponsor your epic challenge, or why not encourage them to sign up too? Don’t forget to tag Scotty’s Little Soldiers and use the hashtag #1000MinuteChallenge
Here’s how it works:
1) Click on the link and create your fundraising page.
2) Update your story to let people know what activity you will be doing to add up those minutes.
3) Tell your friends and family about your challenge by sharing your page and asking them to sponsor you. Don’t forget to tag ‘Scotty’s Little Soldiers’ and use the hashtag #1000MinuteChallenge
4) Keep a record of your time by linking your fitness app or manually adding the minutes to your page.
5) Share your progress with your supporters and let them know how your challenge is going.
£100 pays for five children to receive a meal voucher at Remembrance, or it will enable four children to have a hand selected gift to open on their birthday, or it may go towards an educational grant to help with development. Don’t forget that if you raise £50, you will receive a free Scotty’s morale patch. Raise £100 and a free t-shirt or running vest will be on its way to you!
Struggling to fundraise?
Even if you don’t feel in a position to ask for donations, you can still get involved, have fun and keep active. In the past, some people have popped a small donation on to their own fundraising page, as a contribution and inspired others to join them on the challenge.
If you’re still keen to fundraise but struggling to get sponsorship, why not take a look at our digital fundraising pack which is full of useful tips and information.
Got a question? Then please feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com